- It could not be more abundantly clear that We Heart Seattle is a grift operation.
We Heart Seattle booked nearly $300k in revenue in 2021 in the form of charitable contributions and closed the year with $200k in the bank. Why haven’t these funds been spent on reducing homelessnes
- Once a Karen, Always a Karen
This episode of the FOIA Files is brought to you by none other than We Heart Seattle Exposed and the results of our FOIA request with the Seattle Police Department.
Between September 25th, 2020 and March 28th, 2022, Andrea Suarez placed 52 known calls to the Seattle Police via 911 and believe there are likely to be others. We are still waiting on records to come back for April of 2022 onward.
- The controversy isn’t manufactured and we have the receipts to prove it
Unlike the many reports we’ve fielded here from mutual aid volunteers and park residents themselves, which our opposers are quick to strike down as illegitimate for whatever reason they can concoct that conveniently allows them to do so, our FOIA requests have unearthed many more that cannot be so easily discounted. There are many letters written to city officials in various governmental offices, ranging from the Mayor’s office and city council, to the Parks department and beyond, recanting lackluster experiences with We Heart Seattle that don’t support Suarez’s party line.
- We Heart Seattle flees the scene when caught destroying a man’s campsite
Andrea Suarez and members of We Heart Seattle flee by car when caught demolishing a man’s camp site without permission. No offers of help were ever made.
- Sandel Park encampment resident throws hatchet at Andrea Suarez for trying to take his tent
A Sandel Park encampment resident threw a hatchet at Andrea Suarez for trying to take his tent while he was actively inside it and then she had him arrested.
- We Heart Seattle Staff Members Verbally Assault Volunteer Park Employee
A Seattle Parks department employee files a report after being verbally assaulted by two We Heart Seattle staff members, Tim Emerson and Charles Woodward.
- We’re baaaaaaack!
It’s been a minute After an extended hiatus we’re getting back up to speed on all things We Heart Seattle. So many noteworthy things happened while we were away! Lyle Cooper is back on the scene As if it would just blow over after some time had gone by, Lyle Cooper has been brought back […]
- The unfortunate consequences of We Heart Seattle’s involvement in a space they’re unqualified to be in
The story A firsthand account, relayed and submitted by one of our friends in the field last week: Wayne states that Suarez told him that he and his partner could get into a hotel that she would pay for. He didn’t realize until after they started that the rest of the WHS group started throwing […]
- We are 100% confident that We Heart Seattle’s metrics are falsified
We’ve already explored our skepticism of Andrea Suarez’s claims that she has saved the city over $10 million, and we now have cause to be equally as skeptical about the other metrics We Heart Seattle frequently references. The Receipts Some interesting records came into our possession that we will unravel over the course of the […]
- Letters to the editor, episode 1
One of the consequences of offering anonymity to our visitors so that they might feel a bit safer sharing their experiences of We Heart Seattle with us is that we also open ourselves up to anonymous attack from supporters (and presumably members) of We Heart Seattle as well, and as you might guess, we receive […]
- Part 3 of 3: The status update We Heart Seattle will never give you about Charles Woodward (aka Lawnmower Man)
Where is Charles Woodward? Charles Woodward had the promise of legitimizing We Heart Seattle with the feel-good story defining this moment in time. By all appearances, he had paid employment with We Heart Seattle through Uplift Northwest and was on his way off the street and into an apartment thanks to them. Things were on […]
- Part 2 of 3: The status update We Heart Seattle will never give you about Charles Woodward (aka Lawnmower Man)
On the outs with city government In late October of 2021, in an orchestrated effort by the Seattle mayor, city council and officials representing multiple other governmental departments, Andrea Suarez was told that We Heart Seattle needs to halt its efforts. The city was attempting to connect all who were living outdoors at the Ballard […]
- Part 1 of 3: The circus that was We Heart Seattle’s Friday afternoon Reddit AMA in /r/SeattleWA
New shit has come to light, man, and there’s enough of it to warrant making this a two-part post. Next up will be an update about Ballard’s very own Charles Woodward, A.K.A the Lawnmower Man, but first, more about Friday’s Reddit AMA that was the catalyst to it. Setting Low Expectations We had low expectations […]
- A before and after snapshot of the instagram tag #weheartseattle
The mission statement posted on We Heart Seattle’s Facebook page opens with the following statement: We Heart Seattle is a boots on the ground, grassroots community effort to promote effective use of city and privately funded resources to make Seattle beautiful and safe for all to enjoy. Oh, the irony.
- Community warning
Following the incident at the park where We Heart Seattle took a resident’s food assistance debit card, were stopped by mutual aid volunteers from throwing away propane tanks, beds and a plethora of other perfectly good household items and were caught on film entering a resident’s tent without permission, a lengthy community warning was released. […]
- Andrea Suarez defaces historic Belltown landmark
In March of 2021, Andrea Suarez commissioned a mural to be painted on a wall of downtown Seattle’s historic Barnes building, also home to Screwdriver Bar and the already famous mattress mural most well known for its appearance in Pearl Jam’s first photo shoot. In 1977, the building was declared a historic landmark by the […]
- Jeff Woodward resigns from We Heart Seattle board of directors
In the news Woodward, who has been making the news recently for his perpetuation of hateful rhetoric that ultimately ends in more harm done to the unhoused, left We Heart Seattle’s board of directors this week. No acknowledgement from We Heart Seattle We Heart Seattle has not made an official statement about the circumstances surrounding […]
- Andrea Suarez booted from King County Regional Housing Authority Outreach Working Group meeting
Suarez had been trying to get invited to this meeting for over a year, constantly riding councilman Andrew Lewis and other government officials about it. It’s unclear how she managed to finagle a seat at the table following the city government issuing We Heart Seattle a cease and desist last October, but she was asked […]
- Andrea Suarez told to halt We Heart Seattle’s efforts by Seattle Mayor, City Council and a host of other government officials
Dan Strauss, a member of the Seattle City Council, hosted a meeting in which he and eleven other government officials told Andrea Suarez to stop what she and her group are doing. This was followed up with a cease and desist letter from Mayor Durkan’s office. Suarez thought she had been invited to the meeting […]
- We Heart Seattle sex offender fiasco update
Called out Andrea Suarez, founder of We Heart Seattle, has recently been called out over her failure to inform volunteers and the public at large that she employs a Level 2 child sex offender despite written organizational policy that expressly states otherwise. The primary criticism Originally, the primary criticism was that in this scenario, no […]
- We Heart Seattle is frequently present during city-sanctioned encampment sweeps
This incident took date at a violent park sweep at Dexter park. Summer of 2021. This was the first time in person I’ve seen We heart Seattle & after that it wasn’t the last. This group presented themselves as to help the houseless but it turned out to be the opposite. I saw manipulation & […]
- Tim Emerson of We Heart Seattle says he doesn’t need permission to throw away garbage
On Saturday January 22, We Heart Seattle came back to the park and several of our volunteers came to the park to monitor their actions. One of our volunteers wrote down this testimony, which shows that “We Heart Seattle people are unprepared to grant normal respect and rights to people living unhoused.” While I was […]
- Andrea Suarez asks neighbor “If I get you a new phone will you call me your social worker?”
The same resident told us another story about this same meeting. Note that Andrea Suarez has no training nor any licensing as a social worker or case manager. She has lied about being a case manager in an attempt to get information about individuals. She then lied repeatedly about that incident of lying, and later […]
- We Heart Seattle says it looked like garbage to us, so it’s garbage
On January 14, Andrea Suarez and We Heart Seattle came to the park and picked up various things which they considered disposable. One resident of the park told us this story: On that day, I was trying to stay out of it, but they [We Heart Seattle] kept insisting. I have an extra tent set […]
- We Heart Seattle says they asked those guys over there
On November 27, we got a late report that We Heart Seattle was going to do what they called a “clean-up” at the park we regularly visit with supplies and services. One of our volunteers went quickly to the park and reported this: By the time I got there, We Heart Seattle had maybe twenty […]
- 1/31/22 Brandi Kruse Undivided Highlight Reel: Featuring Andrea Suarez of We Heart Seattle
Fresh off the press! A highlight reel of clips from Brandi Kruse’s recent episode of Undivided, featuring Andrea Nasarow-Suarez of We Heart Seattle on the scene at the Dexter-Mercer homeless encampment in Seattle. Watch it on youtube.com.
- We Heart Seattle appears as case study in: Disingenuous vs. Bad Faith: Arguments and the Way We Receive Them
Except from the article, by Ray Dubicki Vigilante sweeps group We Heart Seattle has a number of failures. And their perspective — that it just takes grit and a few trash cans to solve homelessness — is demonstrably false. But their disingenuous message is a hopeful one. Homelessness is easily solvable. We all just need to roll […]
- From The Heart PNW issues PSA about We Heart Seattle
Sadly, this is the norm lately with the city beginning to conduct park sweeps more frequently again. Just imagine what we could do if mitigating harm from We Heart Seattle didn’t require so much time and effort.
- Andrea Suarez pays $25 cash to dopesick residents that will let her clear out their camp sites.
A first hand account, names edited out: I saw our friend [A] and some friends at the 65th and Aurora bus stop. I said: I’d heard Andrea Suarez had been around the park a lot this week [A] said: “She’s terrible. She tried to steal prince and did still princess and would have gotten away […]
- Andrea Suarez brings unwanted media presence to downtown Seattle encampment
This account is from a mutual aid volunteer who is well established at the Dexter encampment: WHS came out to Dexter camp to do their “clean up and outreach” and even brought out Brandi Kruse to interview Suarez and video around people’s homes without consent. Mutual aid folx came out (I included) to ensure that […]
- We Heart Seattle volunteers laughed about trashing a resident’s tent and irreplaceable pictures of their children
One resident was present during a visit by We Heart Seattle. The resident told us “They were going in if nobody’s home, and if it doesn’t look pristine, they take it. Recanted on behalf of a Dexter encampment resident, with more details forthcoming: WHS came out and trashed people’s tents when they weren’t home. They just […]
- We Heart Seattle destroys the home and personal belongings of a Dexter encampment resident for the THIRD time
The shock when we hear these stories never lessens regardless on how much we expect this kind of behavior from We Heart Seattle. At another large camp near downtown Seattle, residents told volunteers that We Heart Seattle has removed as many as half the tents, all without consent of the owners of the tents. One […]
- Andrea Suarez makes Brett Hamil’s Worst People in Seattle 2021 list
Merry Christmas everyone! There are other people in the world that are paying attention.
- We Heart Seattle Child Sex Offender Cover Up
It’s been a week now since the news about Lyle Cooper broke and We Heart Seattle has yet to answer to the charge that by working closely with him, they knowingly endanger both minor adults and vulnerable people. Sadly, it gets worse. Andrea Suarez, We Heart Seattle’s founder and fearless leader, deleted comments in the […]
- North Seattle Neighbors: We Heart Seattle puts parks before people
Our friends North Seattle Neighbors maintain a publication on medium.com and write about the harmful actions of We Heart Seattle and Andrea Suarez.
- North Seattle Neighbors: Bullying the Unhoused and Calling It Compassion
Our friends North Seattle Neighbors maintain a publication on medium.com and have written several editorials scrutinizing the harmful actions of We Heart Seattle and Andrea Suarez. We appreciate their voice in this arena in such that we would rather share their articles in their entirety rather than summarize them through the lens of our own perspective. A […]
- North Seattle Neighbors: Andrea Suarez, Dog Thief
We Heart Seattle’s pattern of harassment escalates to a whole new level when they declare three dogs at the camp as stolen, and try to leave with one of them.
- Commute With Carlson: 12/2/21 We Heart Seattle Interview Highlight Reel
Dark humor is in the house for the second video in the series.
- Mike Solan’s Hold The Line Highlight Reel: Featuring Andrea Suarez and Kevin Dahlgren of We Heart Seattle
Andrea Suarez and Kevin Dahlgren speak their own words, in their own voices. Hilarity ensues. You can’t make this stuff up. Watch it on youtube.com.
- Andrea Suarez impersonates a social worker in attempt to gain access to underaged shelter resident
A PSA is released about an incident in which Andrea Suarez attempted to gain entry and access to an underaged resident of the Orion Center.
- We Heart Seattle Member Lyle Cooper Discovered to be a Registered Sex Offender
It was discovered that one of Andrea’s most loyal flying monkeys, Lyle Cooper, is a registered child sex offender. He was convicted for sexual exploitation of a 12-year old girl in 2002 (and for which the FBI investigation that resulted in said conviction uncovered many signs that this was not his first rodeo), and sentenced […]
- Similarities drawn to We Heart Seattle by Atlanta Justice Alliance supporters
Oh wow, sounds like we’ve got some of their cousins up here,” one user wrote from Seattle. “I Heart Downtown Seattle,” and “Safe Seattle” both pose as “concerned neighbors” but it turns out their concern is not wanting to see unhoused people in their communities. Read the full article here.
- Seattle PI bans author Craig Thompson of We Heart Seattle for delusional screed titled: Sabotage, Seattle Style
We Heart Seattle member Craig Thompson releases a ranty article against mutual aid, calling out Alycia Ramirez and Sarah Barnett specifically. It was originally released via the Seattle PI, but was taken down following notification of the article’s many libelous and disparaging claims, along with the rest of Mr. Thompson’s publications through this media outlet. […]
- We Heart Seattle officially endorses Compassion Seattle charter amendment
Compassion Seattle was a charter amendment that would have essentially legalized sweeps and illegalized homelessness, under the guise of being compassionate and humane. Fortunately, it was voted down and kicked out of court when the organizers attempted to appeal the vote. See We Heart Seattle’s announcement of support on archive.org.
- We Heart Seattle launches Change.org petition
See it on change.org.
- We Heart Seattle Wikipedia Article Published
Read on wikipedia.org The feud over the information on this page is ridiculous. Check it out here.
- Andrea Suarez stirs controversy over her story about recent encampment death
read on publicola.com
- We Heart Seattle’s marketing commercial fools no one
https://youtu.be/si92PiQZsz0 It’s so awful…everyone knows they’re paid actors right?
- Andrea Suarez comes down with a bad case of satanic panic
- I Heart Downtown Seattle / We Heart Seattle Is Born
The Karens coalesce into a Facebook group dedicated to the purpose of expressing their hatred for the homeless people who are unfortunate enough to be sleeping on the streets in front of their precious million-dollar downtown Seattle condos, and thus We Heart Seattle is born.